World Federation of Public Health Associations (WFPHA) invita a personas interesadas en formar parte de su Grupo de Trabajo sobre Equidad en Salud Global y Tecnología Digital.
Call for members to join the WFPHA’s Global Health Equity and Digital Technology working group
Are you interested in tackling health inequities and promoting health justice? Would you like to find out more about the role of digital technologies in public health? How do we maximize our opportunities to communicate the challenges in global health while ensuring meaningful impact? Whether you are a student, seasoned professional or somewhere in between – if any of these questions apply to you, join us!
The WFPHA’s Global Health Equity and Digital Technology working group (GHE/DT) is seeking individuals from member associations to become actively involved. The working group will examine issues related to digital technologies, health equity as well as at the intersection of these topics. Activities of the working group generally fall under 3 main categories:
- Analyzing the impact of digital technologies on health equity.
- Policy Advocacy
- Developing policy statements using the best evidence available.
- Advocating for WFPHA positions using appropriate social strategies to gain political will for policy change and adoption.
- Training and Capacity Building
- Establishing and maintaining a digital presence (i.e. website, social media, etc.)
- Developing resources and guidelines.
- Creating a global forum for members to exchange knowledge, best practices and information.
Over the past 2 years, the GHE/DT produced a series of articles entitled, “The Use and Impact of Digital Technology on Population Health and Health Equity Gains.” The open-access online supplement was commissioned by the WFPHA with the support of the Aetna Foundation under the Journal of Public Health Policy.
For the upcoming year, we are seeking fresh ideas to continue building on this work. The working group will communicate mainly via email and conference calls (i.e. Skype). Conference calls will be one hour and take place quarterly or, as needed. In-person meetings are held annually at the WFPHA meetings in Geneva and at the World Congresses on Public Health.
To join, please sign-up via the online form: https://goo.gl/forms/5YMOfbP09R4CJVcS2